Senior Software Developer
Toronto, Full-time (contract)
We’re a small team chasing a huge vision to change how humans deal with the death of a loved one. We are using technology to take the headache out of funeral planning and settling estates, both for consumers and funeral homes. We are building a platform to help funeral directors run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable their employees to focus primarily on the families they help. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
You’ll be building Epilog’s platform to integrate the consumer facing products with the management software. As an early teammate, you’ll have the opportunity to impact how our products are built and how our team grows.
What you’ll do:
- Own projects end-to-end
- Write clear and concise production code for Epilog’s consumer products that integrate with our management software
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process
- Work with internal product teams on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities
- Help rapidly scale our product and team. As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll be an integral part of how we mature our tooling, best practices, engineering processes, and hiring
You should have:
- Experience writing production code (required)
- Understanding using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, Python
- Understanding of dimensional modeling concepts and database design/architecture or experience with systems engineering
- Bonus: experience owning projects end-to-end
Who will love this job:
- A doer, you get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
- A problem solver, you not only think about the bigger picture, but can also connect the dots and resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An owner, you want to own the product development of projects and define how we build product at Epilog
- An excellent communicator, you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
- Exciting opportunity at an ambitious company with endless growth opportunity
- Competitive salary and flexible vacation policy
- Weekly lunches
- Generous stock options
- An insanely supportive hardworking team, building something BIG
Please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief blurb about yourself.
No agencies or recruiters please.